CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mexico Vacation take 2!

So Rob and I went on our 4th trip to Mexico (15 minutes south of Playa Del Carmen) this last week and our 2nd trip with Rob's sister Elisa and her hubby Brian and our great friends Audra & Jeff. We were gone 8 full days & left the kiddos home which I started to miss immediately as I watched all the families play at the beach and swim at the pool. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the break I had, but I caught myself saying, "oh the kids would love this" quite often. We all decided that the next trip we would venture out and take the kids. They are getting to the age where I am totally loving living through their eyes in their learning and exploring!

We had an amazing time, despite the blasted rain that visited us everyday, mid afternoon. We truly made the best of it and scheduled a lot of things around it. As you will notice, we all got a little sun. We did apply sunscreen but underestimated the power of the sun that close to the equator.

Its always nice to get away from the realities of life, but I have to say by day 7 I was ready to get back to it! I missed the kids a lot and couldn't wait to see them. Life is back to normal and my mind is starting to prepare for our 6 day trip to Connecticut for Sam's graduation in a few weeks.


Our Resort

This chubby Iquana was perched at our resort
enjoying the hot sun! These things are everywhere.
They don't bother you...that is of course unless you
bother them!

A little beach time before the rain

Entrance to Tulum (an ancient Mayan Ruin).
This place is truly an oasis.

Part of the resort property. It was very beautiful.

The boys our last night together!

Here is the beach at Tulum. This is where Rob
and I were on our honeymoon. We took a picture from
this exact location almost 9 years ago. It looked exactly
the same.

Standing on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

A night at the resort eating yummy Mexican food

Elisa and I sporting our new shade of red. Yikes, what were we
thinking! This was only an hour and a half of sunshine, with sunscreen.
The rest of the time was underneath literal black clouds that day!
Thank goodness we had appointments at the spa. I think my massage &
first mud wrap provided some major TLC for my
skin. When I realized I had burned I simply stated that
it would not effect my health in any way shape or form now
or ever! I hope those intentions worked!

The indoor pool

The gang!

Audra, Elisa and I cheesin it up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So much fun! I think I need a little vacation myself. I will settle for some home time and yard work though.